New Content Marketing Benchmarks
Looking for more data on how B2B companies are using content marketing? A new report from Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs was recently released. The report entitled, B2B Content Marketing: 2013 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends-North America, was based on a survey sent to a sample of B2B marketers at North American companies in August 2012, and summarizes the answers from 1,416 respondents.
From our vantage point, the key takeaways are as follows:
- The top 3 tactics used were: social media (87%), articles on your website (83%), and eNewsletters (77%)
- 70% of the respondents are using video, which is up from 52% a year ago
- LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube are the most common distribution channels, but Google+ is number 5 with 39% of respondents using it (up from 13% in 2011)
- Brand awareness, customer acquisition and lead generation are the top 3 goals
- The percentage of marketing budget B2B's spend on content ranges from 22% (midzise companies) to 42% (very small companies) and 88% say that amount will either stay the same or rise over the next 12 months
- 64% of respondents say they are challenged with producing enough content.
Trends from this study align with other recent data, including a recent Holger Schulze survey.
Here at Crowd Hydrant we passionately believe that you can Own Your Niche by creating awesome content and delivering it through social media. It puts your content where the prospects are. They read it, share it, and visit your website. Search engines promote it, driving even more traffic your way. It's crowd marketing and it works. We create and curate content for our clients, giving them the time and bandwidth necessary to leverage content effectively. Want to learn more? CONTACT US